Visiting Friends

I made the flight to Santo Domingo just fine. Doug Roberts picked me up at the airport. It was so good to see him and to visit with him and Dana, as well as their three sons. Missionaries are some of my favorite people in the world. The Roberts family seems to be doing very well. Please, pray for their oldest on, Tyler, because he is taking the SAT tomorrow morning. It is a great joy to think that God is using them in His ministry here in the Dominican Republic.

I was able to spend some time with Pastor Ernesto and his wife, Sabina, too. They came to the Roberts' house for coffee in the evening. It is such an honor to come for Ernesto's ordination this Sunday. He is a faithful Christian and a wonderful pastor. It is geat to see his church growing.

When I was filling out my papers to go through immigration, I was struck by the line that asked for the purpose of my visit. I checked "visiting friends." It is a blessing for me to have the Roberts as my friends and many Dominicans, too. Just think how God has blessed me to be able to preach the Gospel in several countries. When I started out as a young preacher, I never would have believed this would happen to me. What about you? Have you given yourself to the Great Commission in our community and around the world? The truth is that God can and does use all kinds of peole in His service. If He can use me, He can use you. Then, you can visit friends in other countries, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 24-25 and John 5:1-24.

Popular Posts