Getting Ready for the Ordination

This morning Doug and I went to Iglesia Bautista Sola Escritura, Pastor Ernesto's church. They were busy painting and replacing lights for the big day tomorrow. It was great to see some of our friends. I am looking forward to worship in the morning and the ordination in the evening. I am sure it will be a very special time.

How do you get ready for an ordination? Yes, it is good to fix up the building and to get the programs done. However, the preparation for an ordination is years of study and service. Ernesto has been the pastor 18 years. He has been faithful to serve the Lord and teach His Word. That was his preparation. This is how it ought to be in every deacon ordination or pastor ordination. The candidate should be proven by years of faithfulness, not by some questions on one day. I am glad that is how it is here and in our church. God wants us to take ordination seriously. It is a sacred honor to be set apart for His service as a deacon or pastor. None of us should take it lightly.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 1-3 and John 5:25-47.

Popular Posts