Sadness in Life

My life intersects the lives of people in all the different situations of life. I get to see the highest highs and the lowest lows people encounter in life. I think sadness is one of the hardest things to see.

Today, I had the privilege to visit one of the sweetest older ladies you would ever like to meet. She used to be a member of North Henry, but now she spends most of her time in Tennessee. She had to be hospitalized for colitis here while visiting her children, so I went by to see her. She was feeling better than she was yesterday, because they gave her some blood. Her son was with her, so we sat and had a nice visit. At one point her son left the room. She looked at me and told me that her son was not a Christian. How sad that must be for a godly lady to have to say. Then, at the end of the visit I stood to pray with her, and I reached out my hand for the son to hold while we prayed. He refused to hold my hand, saying he was not a religious person. He walked out of the room while I prayed for her. When I closed the prayer I told her good-bye, and there was sadness in her eyes. I felt so sorry for that dear lady.

I had been praying for her son, but I did not realize his condition. Now, I will be especially earnest in my prayers for him. Perhaps, we will see this sadness turned to joy. I hope so, if only for the sake of this godly mother.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 4-6 and Luke 24:36-53.

Popular Posts