A Healthy Family is a Great Blessing

These days we hear a lot about dysfunctional families. I believe there are more that fall into that category than fall into the normal category. I know that all families have their problems, but that is part of being "normal", and it is part of being family. I am not talking about perfect. I am talking about healthy. That is all I have ever known.

Now, I am not so much talking about the structure of the family, either. Let me explain. A healthy family loves each other, and they try to support each other, not control each other for selfish reasons. A healthy family is one in which there is acceptance of the differences between the members. A healthy family is one that does whatever it takes to survive by working hard at an honest job. It is a family which instills godly values in their children by living them out every day. A healthy family doesn't ignore spiritual things, but the people in the family know that God is the Creator of the universe ,and Jesus is Lord of all. There is not anger, rage, and intimidation.

As I prepare for Mothers' Day, I am thankful I have always had that kind of family. I want to be that kind of family as long as I live. I want any member of my family to know that I am here for them in any way I can help them. That is why God made families, and I want to fulfill His will in that area of my life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 10-12 and John 1:29-51.

Popular Posts