A Prisoner's View of Acts 16

I think I have mentioned my visits to several men at the Henry County jail over the last several weeks. It has been a great blessing for me to get to know them and to share the Lord with them. They are a great encouragement to me. One man told me today that he went into the jail with a hard heart, and he will leave with an open heart, ready to do God's will. Another one of the men expresses his contentment each time I go. He hopes to get into a rehab program soon, but no matter what happens he is content. They meet for prayer, and they have seen several dramatic answers to their prayers. It is wonderful to see what God is doing.

You may have seen some of those books like "A Shepherd Looks at the Good Shepherd." This afternoon I was blessed to hear a prisoner talk about reading the account of Paul and Silas in the Philippian jail in Acts 16. He had read that story in his Bible, and he was genuinely moved. He looked me in the eyes, and he said if they could be that joyful in such a dreadful prison, he could have a good attitude while he was in jail. He was stunned that they did not escape when the earthquake came. Then, he rejoiced that the jailer was saved. The light in his eyes was fantastic. God's Word had sunk deep into his soul, and he was moved to a deeper commitment to the Lord through that story to which he could relate. I sat there in those plastic chairs with him, and we praised God for His power and goodness to help us in all circumstances.

Please, continue to pray for them and for their witness to the other men. I believe God is using them in a great way, and I look forward to seeing how He will continue to guide them.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 1-3 and Luke 24:1-35.

Popular Posts