Permit the Children to Come to Me

You will never guess what passage I read in my Bible reading this morning before going to the Elementary School for Career day? As I was reading Mark 10, I came to verse 14, and the Lord laid on my heart the urgency of my task for the day. I had the opportunity to touch the lives of 200 children. Children are precious to the Lord. In fact, anyone who does not receive the Kingdom of God like a child will not enter at all. What a sober reality from this passage.

Therefore, I went to each class ready to communicate the truth to the children about receiving Christ as Lord and Savior and the importance of knowing the Bible. I was very pleasantly surprised by their interest and their questions. Even some of the teachers were interested in my discussion of learning Greek and Hebrew so I could know the Bible better.

Then, I had a special treat in the evening. I met one of my friends and former staff members from Texas. I don't think I have seen him for 8 years. We have talked on the phone and sent a few emails. It was a joy to hear him say that he valued our time together on staff. It is wonderful to have long Christian friendships.

Finally, I want to ask all of you to pray for another friend of mine who has a special need. I can't share the need, but just pray for him to be protected from Satan's attacks and blessed by God in the face of trials.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 3-4 and Mark 10:32-52.

Popular Posts