Career Day at Elementary School

This Friday I get to be one of the guests at the local elementary school for career day. I did not think I was going to get the pleasure of being with the children for this day, because it is the day Dixie was supposed to have little Jacob. Since the Lord chose to change his birthday, I will be able to be there.

The letter says that each one of us who will be sharing about our profession will get to speak for 20 minutes in each class of third, fourth, and fifth graders. It is an exciting opportunity to introduce these children to the Christian ministry. The counselor asked me because I am involved as a mentor for two of the boys.

Now, the question to consider is, "What do I tell these students about the preparation for the ministry and what I do as a pastor?" I am sure that some people think it would be easy, since I just work a day and a half each week. (Ha Ha) However, it is really a pretty complicated task to show the different responsibilities of a pastor in a way that children this age can understand and appreciate. Also, it is a great time to give my testimony of how Jesus saved me and called me to preach. I do not want to miss this great chance to share with about 200 students. I covet your prayers for me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 34-36 and Mark 9:30-50.

Popular Posts