Giving God the Glory

My heart leaps for joy when I hear someone who expressing their thankfulness to God for answering their prayers and gives Him all of the glory. To me that is one sure sign of a spiritually healthy heart. People are not naturally thankful. The flesh leads us to be picky, moody, and critical. Also, most people have too much pride to give God all of the recognition for doing something. They often want to take credit for it themselves, at least partially. That is why I say giving God the glory with a thankful heart shows that the Spirit is in control, instead of the flesh.

I wonder how many times we express our thankfulness to God to other people? Isn't that one of the strongest ways to share a positive witness to other people? I think it is. Also, how many times do we give God all of the credit or glory for doing something in our lives? That is one way to show our submission to Him and our knowledge that He is the All-powerful Creator and Sustainer of the universe. I hope we all will cultivate this type of a positive witness to those around us. God will be even more pleased than I am to hear it.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 31-33 and Mark 9:1-29.

Popular Posts