The Mind of Christ

This evening we had a good crowd for our first session of the Mind of Christ studies considering that it was snowing. I am not really very good at teaching courses other than spiritual growth or Bible study courses, so I am going back to what God has gifted me to do. Also, I think that the present condition of our country cries out for right thinking, so the mind of Christ is even more important now.

As I was teaching tonight, I was sharing about the way God changes us to be more like Jesus, and it made me consider how much God has changed me. I used to be a very impulsive, high-strung person, who did not like to be alone and quiet. Now, I cherish my quiet times more than my times with groups of people. I used to watch a lot of TV, and I always had to be going somewhere or doing something, when I wasn't in front of the TV. Now, I love to sit and read, when I have time. I love to just be still and know God. All of that did not come from me. It came from the power of the Holy Spirit working in me.

That is why I am excited about going through the Mind of Christ study again. I want to see what the Lord does in my life this time.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 25-27 and Mark 8:1-21.

Popular Posts