Rest for Your Soul

Fridays are my days off, usually, and today was no different. It is my one day of the week to get 8 hours of sleep, and it was nice. My unhurried time was extra unhurried. Then, I was able to get some chores done. I took the dog on a long walk, and I was able to study for the Monday morning study of Luke. Now, I am looking forward to a quiet evening with Chris.

I say all of that because my memory verses for today are Matthew 11:28-30. I am sure you know the passage where Jesus calls all of us who are weary and heavy laden to come to Him, and He will give us rest. That is His specialty, since His yoke is easy and His burden is light. All He wants all of us to do is to take His yoke. He is gentle and humble. He will make sure we get rest. What a passage for our busy times! I believe it. I just find it hard to practice it all of the time. I pick up a heavy yoke at times. That yoke does not come from Jesus. It comes from me or from other masters, who are not gentle and humble. That is what I must be careful not to do.

Remember what I have pointed out before. Jesus accomplished more than anyone could possibly accomplish in 3 years of ministry. He discipled 12 men completely. He lived a sinless life. He healed and taught many people by God's power. Then, He paid for our salvation. All the while He was never late one time, and He was never in a hurry. He did get tired at times, but He took times away to be refreshed. He was never overwhelmed or stressed out. That is a great testimony, since He completed all the Father had for Him to do. He is our example that we can and should do the same thing by taking His yoke.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 41-42 and Matthew 12:1-23.

Popular Posts