Jesus Loves the Little Children

My day began and ended thinking about sharing God's truth with children. This morning I was sharing with our academy children about how Jesus grew up from Isaiah 53:2. This evening I went to the Good News Club training for the lessons on Esther, so we can do a better job of presenting God's Word to the children at Cotton Indian Elementary school every Tuesday afternoon. It is a blessing to be able to plant the Gospel in the tender hearts of children.

The thing that I realize more and more is that I need to be more creative when it comes to sharing with children. They have great imaginations. They don't understand words as much as they grasp pictures and stories. They love to touch things. This Tuesday I taught the story of Elisha and the widow with two sons. I showed them a bottle of oil to simulate the widow pouring the oil out into the containers over and over again. They were so quiet as they used their imaginations to think about the miracle God had done to take care of that mother and her sons. I believe God was able to communicate how He will care for us in difficult times, if we will trust Him. I pray that is something that will stick with them for a long time. Also, I used the colors of the wordless book to share the Gospel. I pray that those colors and the truths they represent are burned into their hearts. It is a joy to think about them coming to know Christ and living for Him all of their lives.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Daniel 1-2 and I John 4.

Popular Posts