Conversing With God

Prayer is such an amazing part of our relationship with God. It is incredible to think that the Creator of the universe will talk with me, but He does. I pity the people who think that prayer is one dimensional. All they know is speaking to God, but they do not realize that real prayer is speaking to and hearing from God. It wasn't long ago that I sang some songs for our Young Hearts group at church. One of the songs was, "How Long Has It Been?" It asks the question for all of us to consider, "How long has it been talked with the Lord, and you knew He would answer you?"

This morning as I did some prayer walking, God was speaking to my heart. He was helping me to put together several of the things I had been reading. He showed me how they fit together, and what I should do about it. It was great to pray for the folks in our community, and as I had God's ear, He saw fit to respond to me. Thank you Lord for considering me worthy of your time and effort. Now that God has spoken it is up to me to obey Him. I like what Henry Blackaby says. The next thing you do after God speaks to you, shows what you really believe. If He is Lord, you trust Him and obey. If He is not, you go on like He never spoke. Jesus is my Lord, so I have no desire but to do what He told me. In fact, I will start this week. What has the Lord been telling you? How will you respond to Him?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Daniel 5-7 and II John.

Popular Posts