Revelation and Revival

I had someone tell me I had the day off today, since we are having a study of the book of Revelation with Dr Gene Williams leading us. I told them I was sort of "off." However, the truth is that I was praying extra hard that God would use Gene and this study to touch the hearts of many people. I believe my prayers were partially answered this morning. We had a couple join the church family this morning, and we had 101 people attend the evening service. I think that attendance shows that God was speaking to people.

Gene made the point this morning, and I agree, that if we really understand the book of Revelation, we will have more of an urgency about being saved and about reaching those around us for Christ. I want to have that urgency, and I want our church to have that urgency. Please, pray for me and for our church to have a passion to see people come to know the Lord.

What will happen the next three days? Will more people be saved? Will more people join the church? I believe more of that has to do with us than with Gene. He is a great preacher, but not even he can deliver the Word to people who don't come. That is up to us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 59-61 and II Thessalonians 3.

Popular Posts