Confession and Repentance

As I was reading my passage from Jeremiah this morning, I came across a very important passage.In Jeremiah 3:12-13 the prophet gives us God's perspective on how He forgives the sins of His people. He promises to forgive when they acknowledge their sins by sincerely telling Him they have not obeyed His voice. Isn't that amazing? It says the same thing as I John 1:9 at the end of the New Testament. Why is the Bible so consistent? It is because God does not change. Whether it is Israel or us, He is looking for the same thing. He is looking at our hearts to make sure we are being honest with Him. We have to confess our sins and show Him that we know we have disobeyed His voice. Then, He is ready to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. That is a great deal for us. The only catch is our pride. For most of us it is hard to admit our sins to God or to other people. We must break through that pride and in humility make it right with our Lord and Savior. That is the only way, because He is the only One who can forgive our sins.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 6-8 and I Timothy 5.

Popular Posts