Hearing from God

This morning I spoke to the NHA chapel service as usual. Since we had been having our study of the book of Revelation this week, I spoke to them from Revelation 3:20 about hearing God's voice. That verse is very special to me, because the preacher used it the day I was saved. I tried to help the children see how important it is to hear from Jesus and to obey Him. It is great to listen to your teacher, your parents, or your preacher, but there is no substitute for hearing from Jesus. That is the only way to really be saved and to live for Him. We must respond to His voice as he calls us to trust Him as Lord and Savior. Then, we must spend time each day listening for what He has to say to us. I think a lot of the children understood what I was trying to get across.

Then, later in the day I saw an example of what I had told the children. I was in a meeting of committed believers, and we were trying to discern God's will. As we went through the discussion, God began to speak. It was amazing. The outcome of the meeting was not what we expected, but I believe it was the right thing, because we heard from the Lord. He was speaking to our hearts, and then, as we shared our hearts, we were all hearing from the Lord. Praise God! He is able to communicate with us when we listen to Him. If we have an agenda of our own, most of the time we miss hearing from Him, and we miss His will. That is tragic, when He loves to speak to us clearly. When was the last time you heard from God?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 3-5 and I Timothy 4.

Popular Posts