A Very Profitable Day

I found a verse about work in Proverbs 14:23. I did not remember it from reading Proverbs before. It says that "In all labor there is profit." Boy, I am a rich man today. I think I worked as hard today as I have all summer. We cleaned up the new worship center and got things ready for our first worship service in there this morning. I arrived home at 2:15 PM to cut the grass. Then, I did a few more chores at the house until after I ate a bite of supper at about 6:15 PM. Then, there was one more trip to the church building to tie up a few loose ends. I came back home at 8:30 PM, and I must say that I am tired and sore, but the Bible is true. There is profit in labor, and I believe there was a lot of profit in what was accomplished today at the church and around the house. I rather like work. However, I can tell I will feel it in the morning.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 19-21 and II Corinthians 7.

Popular Posts