Having Trouble Being Kind

Why do some people have trouble being kind to others? What kind of thrill do they get out of being rude or hateful? It is surprising to me that people find it so hard to be consistently kind. I know what it means to get angry about something, and I have been unkind to people on occasion. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about people who are unkind to others on a regular basis. It is very unchristian, and it is a terrible testimony for a Christian to give to other people.

The Bible makes it very plain that we are to be kind and even tender-hearted toward others.(Ephesians 4:32) This does not just mean that we are to kind to those who are kind to us. It is a command, because Christ was a kind person, and we are to be like Christ. There are times for seriousness in our demeanor. However, no matter what happens, kindness is possible. I pray that we will all keep this in mind and ask the Lord to make us kind.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 8-9 and II Corinthians 3.

Popular Posts