Teaching Children to Love God`s Word

I believe one of the most important things we can do for our children is to teach them to love the Bible. If they have a favorable attitude toward the bible, they will be more likely to read it on their own. Therefore, we need to do whatever we can to make the Bible exciting to our children.

I have had a good time today reading a Bible story book to my grandson, Kade. I was glad that Lori asked Chris and I to bring a Bible story book with pictures for him. We had one when she was a little girl, and it made a big impact on her. Now, she wants her children to experience the same thing. I am very happy to say that Kade loves the books we brought. One has pictures with flaps, and the other has pictures with one story for each letter of the alphabet. I know they will help Kade and Avenly to love the Bible and to read it more when they can read. I pray that we all will try to pass along a love of God`s Word to the children in our lives and in our church.

That is the good thing about the Good News club at Cotton Indian Elementary, too. Many children there hear the Bible for the first time because they do not go to church. It is so great to see them excited about learning the Bible.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 4-6 and II Corinthians 12.

Popular Posts