The Glory of the Lord

This morning I read about Solomon praying at the dedication of the Temple. That is very relevant to our church right now because we are going to dedicate our new worship center to the Lord on October 12. Therefore, I was excited to read again how God filled the Temple with His glory or His presence when Solomon finished his prayer. That is exactly what I desire to see happen , too. I want the presence of the Lord to be so evident to all who enter our church building for worship. I want them to instantly know that God is near, and they can call on Him.

I know the New Testament times are a little bit different from the days of Solomon. Now, the Holy Spirit lives in every believer. Therefore, we need to ask the Spirit to fill each of us, too. Then, when we come for worship, the room will be filled with people who are filled with the Spirit. That will give us a double dose of the presence of God. What a glorious thought. Will you join me in praying for this? Will you continue to fast and pray on Tuesdays? Will you join us for special prayer before the dedication and on that day? I believe if we will pray, God will gladly display His glory.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 30-31 and II Corinthians 10:1-15.

Popular Posts