Draw Near to Hear

I wonder why most people go to church. I know that I can`t say for sure, because everyone is different. However, I was reading Ecclesiastes 5:1 this morning, and it blew me away. I was really surprised that I did not remember this verse from the other times I have read through the Bible. I believe it says something we all need to hear about going to worship. It tells us that we should all go to God`s house to hear Him. Then, it says that we should not go to give the sacrifice of fools, for they do not know they do evil. That is a great insight.

Worship ought to be about hearing from God and being obedient. Maybe, we hear from God in the songs or from the message, but we need to go to church ready to listen. If we go to sing and do things, we might miss what God is trying to say. That would be a great mistake. In fact, if we think we are doing something to make God happy, I think we are missing what makes Him happy. He loves for us to listen and to obey. He delights in our fellowship with Him and to see us walking in His will.

Next time we go to church let`s make sure we go to hear from God, and we are determined to do what He tells us to do. That is real worship. We worship when we come into God`s presence, and we are changed by what He tells us. It is not about us. It is about Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 7-9 and II Corinthians 13.

Popular Posts