Our Love for Jesus

It is easy to know that Jesus loves me, just like the song says. However, how do I gage my love for Jesus? I think that is something we all need to consider often.

What is love? Is it a feeling? No, it is a commitment. It is a choice to put another individual first. It is the same way with Jesus. We must decide to put Him first. Then, we love Him as we should. How do we put Him first? The Bible says that we keep His commandments. We don't do what we want. We do His will instead. That is showing our love by putting Him first.

The other thing about love is spending time with another person. We love to be with those we love. Now, I know Jesus is with us all the time when we are saved. However, it is only when we stop to speak to Him and listen to Him that we are spending meaningful time with Him. So, do we love TV, recreation, or rest more than Jesus? We should look at how we spend our time and money. That will always be a good indicator of our love.

I am asking our church family to fall in love with Jesus all over again as we go through the first chapter of I John. I know He would love for that to happen in all of our hearts.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 87-88 and Romans 13.

Popular Posts