The Peace of God

It is terrible to live without God's peace. Jesus never intends for His children to live in turmoil. He desires to give us peace in the tribulations of this world. (John 16:33) It doesn't matter what may happen to us. He can and will give us peace, if we trust in Him. I feel sorry for anyone who does not have God's kind of peace.

Even as I was reading Job 23:10-12 this morning, I was overwhelmed by Job's confidence in the Lord. Job went through more than anyone except Jesus Himself. However, what was Job's confession to his friends? He confidently told them, "But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held fast to His steps; I have not departed from the commandment of His lips. I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food." Can you imagine the peace that Job had from His solid relationship with the Lord. Yes, he had pain. Yes, he was grieving over the loss of his children and possessions. However, none of that tribulation could drive him away from trusting the Lord and His word. That is lasting, unshakable peace from God. I pray that each of you have that peace that comes form knowing Christ and walking with Him every day.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 25-27 and Acts 12.

Popular Posts