A Slave of Righteousness

What about you? Whose slave are you? This morning in my unhurried time I read Henry Blackaby's devotional for the day from Romans 6:18. It blessed my heart to think of this great chapter again, and it was an encouragement to remember the truth of verse 18. I am no longer a slave to sin, because Jesus has set me free from sin and death. Now, I am a slave of righteousness. I have given myself to Jesus, so He is my Lord. He desires holiness from all of His children, and I have the ability to be righteous because of His power in my life. Therefore, I yield myself and all of the members of my body to righteousness. I have no desire to sin, but I do have a great desire to be righteous. I am not perfect. I do still sin. However, I don't have to sin. I choose to sin on certain occasions for various reasons. Praise God those occasions are much fewer than when I started my life with Jesus, and now, I am able to do His will much of the time. The reason is simple. I have become a slave to righteousness.

Whose slave are you? The truth is that you can't be neutral. You will either be a slave to sin or to righteousness. I pray that you will choose life in Jesus and give yourself to Him as a bond-servant, a slave of righteousness. There is nothing greater than that.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 22-24 and Acts 11.

Popular Posts