Some Plans Don't Work

I have noticed that as hard as I try I can't keep from having to change my plans sometimes, because things just don't work out like I planned. Does that ever happen to you? I wish I was better at anticipating what will happen. It would sure save a lot of time and effort. Maybe God teaches me even more through those times, so I should be thankful for those occasions, too.

Yesterday, I changed my "unhurried time" plan back to how it was before. If you remember, I started the year reading through the Bible in the evenings, and I was using the Bible CD's as I read. I thought this would help me get a good flow on the harder passages and help me see some things I had missed before. It just did not work that way. The worst part was that I was too tired at night to concentrate. The other thing was that the CD's don't allow time for reflection. They are great for getting an idea of difficult pronunciations, but that doesn't help me with the message of a passage. I tried it long enough to give it a chance, but it is just not for me. I have gone back to doing my Bible reading in the mornings. It is much more meaningful, and I am able to hear God speaking to me much more, too.

Also, you may have noticed that I have begun to do this blog in the afternoon. I am not always be able to do it before supper, but I am going to try because I have found that it has interfered with my family times on several occasions. I do not want that to happen. When I started this blog, I laid out several rules for myself. I don't ever take more than a half an hour to write it, and I don't let it take away from other areas of ministry. Since my family comes before my ministry, I had to change the timing. We just live and learn, don't we? The main thing is to learn to me more like Jesus every day, no matter what we have to change.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 7-9 and John 11:1-29.

Popular Posts