Seek First His Kingdom and Righteousness

This morning was the last chapel for our North Henry Academy students for this school year. It is great to get together with all of the elementary students each week and worship the Lord. They are very attentive and wonderful singers. Today was no different, except that many of the parents were there, too, to observe the awards day program that followed the chapel time.

I shared a short message about Matthew 6:33. My son-in-law, Jeff, had told me that he was giving his Japanese language devotional from this verse for his level four evaluations, so I had been thinking about it for a week or so. It occurred to me that it was the perfect verse for this chapel for two reasons. I wanted to remind the children not to forget God during the summer vacation, but I also wanted to emphasize to the parents that if we seek the Lord's kingdom and His ways, He will thoroughly bless us with all we need. The message was well received. However, I wonder how many will forget the Lord this summer, and I wonder how many will try to do things their own way, even though they know what God's Word has said. We want the blessings without turning our hearts to the Lord as the Source of all we need. It must break His heart.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 10-12 and John 11:30-57.

Popular Posts