Tired, and in Need of Rest

Sundays are very physically and mentally demanding for me. It doesn't seem like a preacher works very hard, and I know a lot of people have the impression that it is a cushy job, but I don't think they would have that impression if they tried it a while. I am not going to try to explain it, because I can't. I will just say that at the end of the day, my labor has caused me to be tired and in need of rest.

We all face this condition. Some people every day, and some less often. What are we to do when we are tired. Jesus told us to come to Him, and He will give us rest. There are no if, ands, or buts. He promises us rest, if we go to Him. I have found that to be the case. In fact, He tells us to take His yoke upon us, and we will find rest for our souls. What is a soul? It is our mind, our will, and our emotions. That is the kind of rest I need very often, not just on Sunday evening. I think Jesus is saying that I am weary, because I am pulling too much. I am carrying too heavy of a load. If I will just do what He wants, I will be fine. He will make sure to give me the strength for His tasks, and the peace of mind to go along with it.

Therefore, I am going to stop this blog and go to the Lord for His rest right now. I hope you will take Him up on this promise, too. (Matthew 11:28-30)

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 33-35 and Matthew 10:1-20.

Popular Posts