Dreams and Knowing God

I have read several testimonies from missionaries in which they mentioned that God caused unbelievers to have dreams as a way to lead them to the truth of the gospel. At first, I was skeptical of that, I must admit. Now, I am reading some books on postmodernism and how people think today. The authors seem to be trying to tell me that everyone does not think like I do. I accept truth from the Bible just by reading it. That is how my modern mind thinks, since the modern mind is scientific in its search for truth. Well, evidently the postmodern mind is not that way. Now, people are skeptical of what they read. They have read so many things that they don't know what is true and what isn't. In fact, they are not sure that we can receive all of the truth through our five senses like scientists teach us. They are much more open to psychic phenomena. In other words, since we haven't found the meaning of life through scientific research, they are looking in other areas. They are processing the information they receive in a different way.

OK, that brings me back to dreams. It seems to me that God would use a dream to reach an unbeliever who is a Muslim, a Hindu, or a Buddhist, because God knows that they would listen to that more than listening to the Bible first. Then, they would be open to the Bible, which is God's special revelation to us. Could the same be true for us in the USA? Do we need to pray for God to reveal Himself to postmodern people in dreams and other ways they would receive better than a printed word? I think that is right, even though it seems weird to me. The truth is I probably seem weird to them, too. The point is that we can't require people to receive truth the same way we do. We have to find ways to relate the truth to them, so they will hear it. That is a huge challenge. I am asking God to show me these things, because God has given me a desire to see all kinds of people come to the Truth, Jesus Christ. I hope you will pray the same way.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 49-50 and Matthew 13:31-58.

Popular Posts