One Purpose for God's Comfort

I had a very eventful day. I know that is hard to believe since pastors only work on Sundays and Wednesdays, but it is true. This evening I had the privilege of sharing some comfort with a man who is going to have prostate surgery in a couple of weeks because of cancer. I met him through a pastor friend, Steve Murrell. As we visited together, I was able to tell Him what the Lord had done for me and to encourage him about his surgery. It was exactly what God tells us to do in II Corinthians 1:3-7.

God comforts us, so we can comfort others with the same comfort with which He has comforted us. Four years ago I experienced the God of all comfort. Now, God wants me to share that comfort with others. If I don't do that, I am missing one of the purposes of His comfort to me. We must not be selfish about our comfort. It is even better when we can share it with other people. I pray that all of us will look for ways to share God's comfort with other people. We all have hurts and pains, and we all need comfort. God wants us to be the agents of His comfort.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 12-13 and Matthew 16.

Popular Posts