Disagreeing with God

We were having a good discussion in the office today, because Steve was telling Eugenia and I about the Frontline special about parents and the Internet. Steve made the observation that many teenagers don't seem to have any real sense of right and wrong. They think they should be able to hide things from their parents and do whatever they think is right. I told him that one of the only things people consider wrong is intolerance. They think anyone who tells them they are doing wrong is the one who is doing wrong, not them. It seems to me that Satan has succeeded in convincing many people that we can do anything as long as we think it is right, and no one should be able to tell us any different.

My mind goes to Proverbs 14:12. We must remember that God says the ways of man end in death. Think of all of the examples of that in the news lately. Then, I think of Galatians 5:7. We are going to reap what we sow. God will make sure of that, because He is not going to be mocked. If we live to feed the flesh, we will get corruption, but if we live to follow the Spirit, we will get eternal life. What a warning for this generation, even Christians of this generation! We can't do what we want and ignore God's ways. If we do, He will make sure we find out that we are going the wrong way. He will bring about death and destruction instead of life. We have to deal with it all of the time now. I just want to put in a good word for the Lord's way. It never fails. I have seen my way fail many times, but He has never let me down. He won't let you down, either.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 9-11 and Matthew 15:21-39.

Popular Posts