A Once a Year Experience

As far as I can remember, each year that I have lived in Georgia since 1973, I have been at the Capitol for the Walk for Life. In Texas there was never a similar event in my area, or I would have gone there, too. It is one event that touches my heart in a unique way. The speakers are good, and to sing with the crowd is meaningful, but the walk is life changing. Each year we walk silently through the streets of Atlanta to remember the unborn babies who have died since abortion on demand was legalized. This year they say there have been about 48 million babies killed in these last 35 years. Each day more babies die than the number of people who died on September 11. The least, the very least, we can do is to walk for them.

As we walk by the University and the business office buildings, we pass hundreds of people who stop to wonder what we are doing. They see the signs as we pass by, and they are caused to think. However, the thing that sends chills up my spine is hearing Taps played by the many trumpet players stationed around the route. It causes me to think of the severity of our actions.

Now, please, understand that I don't have anything against anyone who has had an abortion. I feel for them and for the baby that was killed. I believe it shows how far we have departed from our Biblical roots. It shows how disoriented to the truth our society has become, when we think it is OK to kill an unborn baby. It makes me sad that I have not done more to stand up for truth to to stop this terrible Holocaust.

I hope you can join us at the Capitol tomorrow at 11:30 AM or noon. We will leave from the church at 10:30 AM if that is easier. It is one event that happens once a year that you don't want to miss.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 4-6 and Matthew 14:22-36.

Popular Posts