What God Says will Happen at the Right Time

 Sometimes we say things that we intend to do, but we don't get around to doing them. We may forget about what we said, or we could get busy with other things. Either way, those around us wonder if we are ever going to do what we said. I hope we are reliable enough to always do what we say we will do. However, I know for sure that God always does what He says He will do. We should never doubt His Word, the Bible, or His words spoken to our hearts.

Ezekiel gave many prophecies from the Lord about God carrying out His destruction of Jerusalem and the punishment of His people. Those things did not happen immediately upon Ezekiel sharing them, so some people thought they would wait until after their lifetime. (Ezekiel 12:25) God responded to them by saying, "For I am the Lord. If I say it, it will happen. There will be no more delays, you rebels of Israel. I will fulfill my threat of destruction in your own lifetime. I, the Sovereign Lord have spoken." We need to be sure we are not like the people of Judah were then.

There are many prophecies in the Bible about the Rapture, Second coming of Christ, and the end of time as we know it. When we read the New Testament, it is plain that the Lord Jesus told us all to be ready, because those things could happen at any time. The Apostle Paul seemed to say in his writings that he expected Jesus to come back soon, even before his death. However, it has been 2,000 years since Jesus died and rose again, so a lot of people don't think these things are going to happen. Please, be assured that God said it, and they will happen.

God always chooses the right time to carry out each of His plans. He has His reasons for waiting. He doesn't tell us all of His reasons for the delay, but He did tell us that He was not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.(II Peter 3:9) For that reason I think God is waiting for the last person to be saved. Then, He will look at Jesus and tell Him to come for the church in the Rapture. Therefore, that could happen today or in our lifetime, so we need to know Jesus as Lord and Savior and be ready every day.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 13-17.

Popular Posts