September 10, 2006 - Proverbs 8-9 and II Corinthians 3

As I read Proverbs 8 and 9 the Lord reminded me about the effectiveness of having His wisdom. God's wisdom is eternal, because it is His way of understanding reality. (8:23) He used His wisdom to create all of the universe. When I think of how the universe is so complete and how it all fits together so wonderfully in all of its complexity, I realize that if I live by God's wisdom, it can guide my life to fit, too. God's wisdom can lead me to accomplish what I was designed to accomplish. That is the greatest blessing anyone can have. God designed us to live in fellowship with Him. Therefore, when we see that, we accept Christ's sacrifice for us, and we are reconciled with God. We start a relationship. Then, if we live in His wisdom, we find our purpose in life. He has a unique purpose for each individual. When we fulfill that purpose, we have joy and contentment. What a blessing! I pray that all of us will find God's wisdom and live by it each day.

II Corinthians 3 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, because it shows how the Spirit can set us free and conform us to the image of Christ. (v.18) It is a simple process, really. We have to look at Christ and see His character by reading His Word and learning about Him. Then, we submit to the Holy Spirit to allow Him to make us into that image a little at a time. That is what it means by "from glory to glory." It happens in steps of glory. I pray that each of us finds himself on a higher step of glory today than he was on before. I pray that we are seeing the transformation take place, and we are becoming more like Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit. That is God's will for your life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 10-12 and II Corinthians 4.

Popular Posts