He Claims Me as His Own

 I am sure that some people read the Song of Solomon and wonder why God included such a love story in the Bible. It confounds some people so much that they try to spiritualize the whole story and give things symbolic meanings. I do not think that is why it was inspired for us. I believe we need to understand the qualities of a love relationship and how that applies to our lives.

The Bible states this very simply. (Song of Solomon 7:10) I am my lover's, and he claims me as his own. What a wonderful statement of love and belonging. It shows the union between the two and the security they realize from their genuine love. We all need to experience this.

Song of Solomon is in the Bible because God is love. We would not be able to love others, if God had not made us in His image. Love is a great blessing from God, and that is especially true in the marriage relationship. Our love binds us together, and we belong to each other.

This also applies to our relationship with Jesus. When we give ourselves to Him as Lord in repentance and faith, we are giving ourselves to the One who loves us the most. Then, He claims us as His own. We belong to Him, and we are secure in Him, as the Bride of Christ forever. That is God's desire for each of us.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Song of Solomon 8 and Isaiah 1-2. 

Popular Posts