A Level, Straight Path

 Sometimes it can seem like we are walking uphill through life. It just seems that everything is more difficult than it ought to be. I know when I walk, I can feel a definite difference between walking on level ground and walking up a hill. When I go uphill, I have to exert more energy, and it takes more breath. Then, sometimes I have to walk inside, because it is raining. Then, I am having to walk around in circles, and since the path is not straight, it is harder and slower than if I could walk a straight path. God uses this analogy to teach us His ways. (Isaiah 26:7) The path of the righteous in level, and God clears a straight path for the righteous. I have found this to be true in my life. I hope all of us will experience the level, straight path for our lives. That is what God intends for us.

A righteous person is right with God and with other people. We are righteous when we live according to God's Word in every area of life, and we do it consistently. That is God's plan for us. That is why He gave us the Bible to guide us and to grow us in righteousness. As we take in God's Word, and we live it out, God is very pleased, and our lives are easier. Why? The reason is that when we walk in righteousness, God's principles cause our lives to avoid the mistakes, and to do things God's way, which is always better than our way. This cuts out walking uphill, and it makes our path in life level. Also, when we are righteous, God sees our heart, and He is pleased, so He makes our path straight. He opens the way for us to go straight in the daily path of our life, so we get more done without all of those curves that problems cause us to navigate. God does this by His power, since we are being faithful to Him and His Word. All of that is why I say that we don't been to be walking uphill and around curves all the time. We simply need to concentrate on being righteous and the road of life will be smooth and straight for us, most of the time, except when God allows trials to make us stronger. Then, He is there to help us with the trials, as we follow His Word in righteousness.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 27-29.

Popular Posts