From Our Youth to Our Old Age

Life is so mazing! We get to experience life as a child with all the wonder and excitement that brings. Then, we get to struggle through our youth years with all of the changes physically and emotionally. Then, we break through into young adulthood when we get married and start a family. Our children grow up, and then, we have grandchildren. All of a sudden we find ourselves to be senior adults. The great thing is that God is with us all the way through this journey of life. The psalmist knew this and praised the Lord for it. (Psalm 71:17,18) He knew that God had taught him from the time he was a youth. Then, he declared all of the wondrous deeds the Lord had done for him. It was his goal in life to keep declaring God's strength to his generation and the one to come. I pray we all have this lofty goal and that we accomplish it.

God taught me in Sunday School and church from the time I was very young, just like He does for all of us. I did not get saved until I was 14, almost 15, but it was not because I did not know what I needed to do. It was my stubbornness and my being too conscious of what others thought about me that kept me from publicly confessing Christ as my Lord and Savior. However, when I did come to know Christ, I began to share His wondrous deeds, especially after I was called to preach at 17. Now, I have had 51+ years of knowing the Lord and over 46 years of declaring His strength to my generation and the next. It has been a great joy. I pray with the psalmist that God will let me do this for many more years for His honor and glory. What is your story? How are you declaring His strength? Believe me, if you do it, you will find extra joy and purpose in your life that brings much satisfaction.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalm 72-74.

Popular Posts