A Mother's Love

 There are times when I miss my mother very much. It doesn't just happen now that she is in heaven. It happened all of my life when I was away from her or living in Texas. Her love for me was truly unconditional, and she told me so. She did so many kind things for me all year long. Her love reminds me of Hannah's love for her firstborn son, Samuel. (I Samuel 2:18,19) She prayed for God to give her a son in her barren state, and she vowed to give him to the Lord all his life. God did just that, and she brought him to Eli, the priest, at Shiloh, leaving him there after he was weaned, so he could minister before the Lord in a linen ephod. Each year, Hannah would make him a new little robe and take it to him when she went with her husband and other children to offer the yearly sacrifices. I can just imagine the reunion they had every year, can't you?

It has been said that God made mothers because He couldn't be with everyone at the same time. Of course, that is not true, but it is true that there is no love, short of God's great love, like a mother's love. Mothers are just able to love on a deeper more emotional level than we do, as fathers. That is not to say that fathers don't love deeply, but it is just different. When we need real comfort, we need mom. We can always count on mom to find just the right card and present for each occasion. Her steadfast love never seems to change, even when she is punishing us. I thank God for my mother and for all of the mothers who love their children with a godly love. The world is much richer for them.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 3-5.

Popular Posts