An Invitation to Join Me in 2021

It is that time of year again, the last day of 2020, so tomorrow I will start another exciting journey through the Bible. I would like to invite you to join with me and see what God has in store for you and for us in this New Year. Of course, I read 3 chapters each day, but on Fridays and Saturdays I read 4 chapters, so we can easily finish the entire Bible in one year. Also, I write a blog post for the reading for that day, and I highlight one verse that spoke to me. I hope the posts will be a blessing to you. I know the reading will bless you, if you will just make it a priority to add it to your daily schedule.

Last year I used the Message translation for my journey. I try to read a different translation each year to gain new insights and keep the reading fresh. The Message is a loose translation that tries to be readable and to add subtle meaning from the original Bible languages. I liked it for the Old Testament, but I felt the New Testament translation many times strayed too much from the clear meaning of the verse. Therefore, I am ready for a very clear, literal translation for 2021. I will use the New American Standard Bible (NASB1995) this year. The NASB has been the most accurate translation keeping up with the best Biblical scholarship to give the true meaning of what God inspired for us since I was in college and seminary. (That was about a 1,000 years ago now.) The 1995 version has helpfully updated the text, so we have the best possible translation of what the Hebrew and Greek say. You do not have to run out and buy a new Bible. Just use the Youversion app on your smart phone, tablet or computer. Then, you can still highlight verses and even take notes as you go. That is what I do.

I pray you will join me as we read "every word that comes from the mouth of God" as Jesus told us to do.(Matthew 4:4) If I can ever help you or answer any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Popular Posts