Dressed Up by God

 I like wearing nice clothes. It makes me feel good to think about looking all dressed up. The outward clothes are great, but it is the inward clothes that cause me even more joy. When God dressed me up, it was a great reason to sing for joy and explode in praise. (Isaiah 61:10)  So, how are you dressed by God on the inside of your heart? Are you presentable to meet the Lord as a bride adorned for her bridegroom? That is what God wants for all people.

When I was saved at age 14, God dressed me in the suit of salvation. I never could have saved my self by doing something to forgive my sins. However, God saved me by His grace when I trusted Jesus as Lord and Savior. The great thing about the suit of salvation is that it never wears out, so I wear it for eternity. Also, God outfitted me in a robe of righteousness. That is why I can not only be forgiven of my sins, but I can live the way God wants me to live. I am right with God, and right with other people, as I continue to follow Jesus in faith. Each person must have the suit of salvation and the robe of righteousness to make it to Heaven. Both come from God, not our own works. Therefore, He deserves all of the praise and thanks for us being dressed for heaven.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 63-66.

 

Popular Posts