Wandering in the Desert

Life can be like a well-watered garden with all kinds of good things being produced, or it can be like a desolate desert with nothing but sand. When we wander in the desert of life, we become half-starved and parched with thirst. We begin to stumble on the brink of exhaustion. That is one of the scenarios that the psalmist wrote about. (Psalm 107:4-6) When we find ourselves in that condition, we have two choices. We can die of thirst and hunger, or we can call out to God. Hopefully, we will choose to call to the Lord, because if we will, He will get us out of the desert in the nick of time. Where are you living today?

I talked with a young man today, who was homeless and looking for help. I told him that I wanted to help him with his need, but first, I wanted to make sure he knew the Lord Jesus, as his personal Lord and Savior. He told me about having a real conversion experience at a camp as a teenager. However, he had not walked with the Lord after that, but he returned to doing his own thing. He chose the desert road, and now he is parched and staggering on the brink of exhaustion. I urged him to learn from his experience and turn to the Lord. I assured him that God's way is always the best. I think he was really seriously thinking about doing just that, but the key will be if he truly calls out to the Lord in repentance and changes his ways. If he will do that God will get him out of the desert just in the nick of time, and he will come to know life and have it more abundantly.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 108-111.

Popular Posts