Friendship in God's Name

Friendship is a special gift from God. It is always meaningful to have a friend, under any circumstances. It is very special when two believers are friends. There is not only the human bond of friendship, but God is in the bond of friendship then. That is the type of friendship Jonathan and David had. They watched out for each other, and they vowed their friendship in God's name, so that their covenant together extended to their children forever. (I Samuel 20:42) This is the kind of relationship God wants believers to have with all of their friends.

This pandemic has shown me something as a by-product of all of our social distancing efforts. I miss seeing my friends in Christ, shaking hands, and hugging. Those were things that were normal, but I suppose, I took them for granted. Now that they are gone for a while, I realize how much they mean to me. Of course, friendship is much deeper than just being close physically. I have dear Christian friends from as long as 50 years ago, and my forever friends are scattered all over the world, literally. I may not see all of them often, but I assure you that I love them, and I am here to pray for them and to help them or their families in any way I can. That is friendship in God's name. That is the kind of Friend God is to us. He never leaves us or forsakes us. He is there for us every minute of every day. We should all be committed to each other the way God is committed to us. Let's allow this difficult time to renew our focus on our friends and to do what we can do to help any of them.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 21-23.

Popular Posts