A New Creation

March 22, 1970 was the most significant day of my life. It was the day I trusted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior at Peachcrest Baptist Church in Decatur, GA. I knew that is what I should have done a long time before that, but on that Palm Sunday I gave my life to Jesus once and for all. I made it public that morning, too. I knew that my sins were forgiven, because of Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection to pay my redemption price with His blood. However, I could never have dreamed of the other changes that happened in me that day. I truly became a new creation. The old passed away, and the new came into being. (II Corinthians 5:17) Praise the Lord! What a blessing this has been.

When I trusted Jesus, God located me "in Christ." At that moment I belonged to Him, and I became a citizen of heaven, not this world. He changed my heart, when He cleansed by sins and gave me the Holy Spirit. I was no longer dead in my sins, but I was alive in Christ. The old me died that day, and the new me was created. I was born again. (John 3:3) The Spirit did not just do a remodeling job, but I was a new creation. Yes, I had a lot of growing up in Christ that was to come over the years, but all I needed for that sanctification process to become like Jesus was given to me that day. The changes have been dramatic. In fact, it is hard to remember the old me, because the new me has been made stronger and stronger in Christ each day I have walked in faith with Jesus. I pray that all of us know this reality in our lives. If not, please give yourself fully to Jesus by turning from your sins, trusting Him who died and rose again for you, and surrendering to Him as Lord of your life. Becoming a new creation in Christ is the greatest thing we can ever experience in this life on earth.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Corinthians 6-8.

Popular Posts