David's Mighty Men

Many people know about King David, but some people do not know that he had a large group of mighty men who were loyal to him, because they knew God had appointed David to lead His people. They fought for David, and they kept him safe. They played a huge role in David becoming the king and being successful as King. (I Chronicles 11:10) I believe the same is true for any leader.

None of us are successful on our own. We need people around us who care, and who want to be the best they can be. This is especially true in the church. As pastor, I know that I can only do so much. I have my weaknesses and my strengths. I need many mighty men around me, who will support me and help to strengthen me, so I can accomplish God's will in overseeing the church.

Please, don't think we don't need godly women, too. We certainly do, and they play a huge role in the church. However, many churches have a good group of godly women. I am afraid there are not as many churches that have a good group of strong godly men, who are able to carry out the ministry as leaders and spiritual warriors. I praise God that North Henry Baptist Church has both. It is such a blessing to be pastor of such a church.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 12-15.

Popular Posts