A Gatekeeper in the House of God

Some of the Levites were chosen by king David and Samuel to be gatekeepers in God's house, the Temple. This meant they would live all around the Temple and open it every morning.(I Chronicles 9:22,27) This might seem like a menial job, but I think it was a great honor and blessing.

What job or service do you perform for the Lord and His kingdom? We all have something to do, once we come to know the Lord. If you have not found your ministry, I urge you to seek the Lord about it. Then, once you find it, do it with all of your heart.

When I read these verses my mind went to Psalms 84:10. This verse assures us that one day in the courts of God's house is better than 1,000 years away from His presence. Also, it assures us that it is better to be a doorkeeper or gatekeeper in the house of God than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. There are no temporary pleasures of sin that are as fulfilling as just opening the doors of God's house. What a joy to be appointed to open the Temple for people to come to the Lord each day! God honors our commitment to any ministry and blesses us, as we obey Him, even in the lowliest service. Remember that when you are tempted to go dwell in sin and wickedness.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 11-14.

Popular Posts