God's Heart for the Whole World

I must confess that I do not understand how anyone can read the Bible and not see that God wants everyone in the world to come to know that He is Lord, so they can trust Him and have eternal life.(Isaiah 45:6) Even in the Old Testament where the main story is about how God worked through His covenant with Israel, there are the constant reminders that He wanted the whole world to know Him. Then, of course, the New Testament makes it extremely plain.(I Timothy 2:4) I pray that we will stop to consider God's heart for the world.

God is not self absorbed. God is not prejudiced for or against anyone or any people group. God loves the whole world.(John 3:16) Jesus died for the sins of the whole world.(I Timothy 2:6) He came in such a way that He could make the way of salvation known to all, and He sent out the apostles and all of us as believers to evangelize all of the earth, from the rising of the sun to its setting.(Matthew 28:19,20) Let's pray that we will have God's heart for everyone in the world, everyone we meet, and everyone around us. That is the only way we will ever be like Jesus. Let's do what we can to share the truth that He is Lord with everyone we can, here and around the world. I know that will bring  a smile to God's face and warm His heart.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 47-49.

Popular Posts