Starting the Day Off Right

I like to try to share new verses each time I read through God's Word, but certain verses are so integral to the message I am trying to convey that I have to share them more. Psalms 143:8 is one of those verses. It is what I call my "unhurried time verse." I have not found another verse in the Bible that better states what I believe God wants us to do every morning when we meet with Him to begin our day. I pray that it speaks to your heart.

Every morning we need to begin my remembering God's faithfulness to us and to His covenant with us as believers, His lovingkindness. After all, life is about Him. It is not about us. If God was not faithful to come to us, to provide a way for our salvation, and to sustain us in the Christian life, we would be able to do nothing at all. We need to praise Him, thank Him, and to make sure we live by trusting Him, not ourselves.

Every morning is about praying and reading His Word, but it is even more about meeting with the Lord to ask Him to show us the way to live that day. He has things planned for us each day.(Ephesians 2:10) We need to start the day off by asking Him to show us those things, so we can live by faith and do them. At the same time, we lift up our souls to Him, our mind, will, and emotions. We pour out our love to Him, we express our desire to know and do His will by making the right decisions in the right way, and we confess our need for His power, since we can't do it on our own ability.

If we will begin each day like that, we will be amazed at the difference it makes in our lives.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 145-148.

Popular Posts