Our Great God

How great and powerful is God? Whatever He thinks comes to pass.(Isaiah 14:24) He has been thinking for all of eternity past, and He will continue thinking forever. He doesn't even have to speak to make things happen, much less raise a finger. However, when He does speak, we need to listen, because His words proceed from His All-Powerful thoughts. His purposes come from those thoughts, too, so all of them shall stand. What a mighty God we serve!

Now, this is why I have a very hard time, in fact, it is impossible for me to believe that God does anything randomly or without thought and reason. He is All-Wise. He has thought of everything, so when He comes to a conclusion, it is correct, and it happens. I do not believe He says, "I will just flip a coin, and it it is heads, I will do this, but if it is tails, I will do this." I believe that is against His nature.

It should be against our nature, as Christians, too. We should not do anything without thinking. Proverbs tells us that as we think, so we are. We can't just think and cause things to happen. Only God can do that. However, when we come to a conclusion, after we think about something, our actions flow from our thoughts. That is why we must ask the Spirit to guard our thoughts. We must think with the mind of Christ as we read the Word of God, so that we know the heart and mind of God, we know His thoughts. Then, we do the right things, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 16-18

Popular Posts