A Tool in God's Hands

My shovel just told me that it was going to dig up a garden for me today in the back yard. Then, the rake is going to get the rocks and sticks out, so I can plant some seeds. Sounds pretty ridiculous, huh? Well, that is what happens when people get proud, and forget that we can't do anything that God doesn't give us the power and ability to do.(Isaiah 10:15) We need to stop thinking highly of ourselves and boasting about what we can do. We need to put ourselves firmly in the hands of God, so He can use us to do great things.

If my shovel, ax, or any of my tools is going to be used to do a job, I have to go out and supply the power and direction for them to be effective. The same is true for people, except that people can say no. We can run from our Lord and refuse to be a tool in His hands. We have the choice of whether we will be used by Him or not. He chooses the jobs. He tells us what we need to do. Then, He offers to pick us up and use us for that job. If we say no, He has to find another tool to use. That tool gets the blessing instead of us.

Will we see that we are simply tools? Will we put ourselves in God's hands to do His work? If we will, great things are possible.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 13-15.

Popular Posts