Looking for a City

Yesterday, I drove to Atlanta to visit a dear Christian lady who is probably about to go home to heaven. As I came over the hill and saw the city of Atlanta, I had a different reaction than I usually do. That sight has always meant home to me. When I was a kid, I loved to see the big buildings. As a young adult, it would thrill my heart to drive home from Texas and see the skyline of Atlanta. However, yesterday it was just a city. My home is not here. Jesus has prepared me a home in the city above.(Hebrews 13:14) I praise Him and thank Him for saving me and giving me eternal life to spend with Him, as well as all who know Him as Lord and Savior!

There will be no hospitals in that city. In fact, there will be no pain or crying, no more death. For eternity we will live at home with Him and our spiritual family. It was hard to see Charline gasping for breath with her loving family gathered around her. Good-bye is so hard to say. However, when we remember that she is not home yet, it is a comfort to us all. Jesus will take care of us very well in the city He has prepared for us. I pray that you are looking for that city, too. Jesus has a place for all who trust Him, as Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read James 3-5.

Popular Posts