Life Change

There is a definite life change when we come to know Christ as our Lord and Savior. Sin is no longer the norm, instead we begin to practice righteousness as the norm.(I John 3:6,7) The present tense in Greek means "continuous action in the present." That is why John says that whoever continues to sin has neither seen Him nor known Him. They have not experienced true life change.

As we read I John remember that he is not talking about turning over a new leaf and trying to live differently. God wants everyone to know that He brings a real life change by His power to everyone who trusts Christ. He frees us from the power of sin. We will still sin and need to confess those sins.(I John 1:9) However, confession brings cleansing, so there can be a change in that area of our lives. Then, righteousness becomes the pattern in our lives.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I John 5, II John.

Popular Posts