Keeping Your Heart Healthy

The Lord and I are all in favor of people having healthy hearts. Already this morning I have eaten my oatmeal with a little olive oil and some raisins for breakfast. I will go out and run 3.2 miles after I finish this post. I am constantly trying to live a lifestyle that supports the health of my heart by eating right and exercising, because it makes me feel good, and I have more energy. After all my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, so I need to give Him a mansion to live in, instead of a broken down shack. However, that is not the most important part of keeping a healthy heart. It is much more important to have a healthy heart spiritually.(Proverbs 4:23)

In the same way we are diligent to keep our physical hearts healthy, we should be even more diligent to keep our spiritual heart healthy, because out of it everything in our lives flow. There is not a good thing that happens to you or a bad thing that happens that doesn't come in some way from how healthy your heart is. Your words come out of your mouth, but they originate in your heart. Your mood is controlled by how you have allowed the Spirit to control your heart. Your decisions come from your heart, and a sick heart makes very bad decisions. It is true people are not the problem with this world or with our lives, it is the devil working in people that is the problem. He knows how to attack the hearts of people to cause them to be very unhealthy by leading us to neglect our hearts and to feed them the wrong things.

So I ask you a question. What have you done today to keep your spiritual heart healthy? How did you start your day? Are you more diligent to keep your spiritual heart than anything else in your life? It must be your priority to keep your heart right with God and to keep it growing stronger and stronger in the Lord. Then, your life will go well. You will be living in the strength of the Lord flowing from a healthy heart.

Tomorrow, i intend to read Proverbs 6-8.

Popular Posts